Leslie Hunt — Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette Podcast #17: Interior Designer & Art Lover
Welcome back to my podcast — Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette. Here, you’ll hear the behind-the-scenes of some of today’s great painters, sculptors, photographers, and collectors. I’m your host, Whitney Rosenson, Owner of Art Dimensions Online — your online home for art leasing and sales from over 75 talented artists.
This is Episode #17 and today’s guest is Leslie Hunt. She’s an interior designer and the Founder of LLH Interiors. Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots — follow and leave a 5-star review if you’re feeling happy creating!
- Episode Summary & Player
- Show Notes
- Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette Summary
Episode 17: Leslie Hunt — Interior Designer and Art Lover
Leslie Hunt is an interior designer and the Founder of LLH Interiors. She launched her interior design company in 2003 after majoring in Art History in college and training under the legendary Mark Hampton in New York. Hear why art is so important to interior design, how much you should focus on the business side of art, and how her passion for dance impacts her work. This episode covers everything from dance to design. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What role does art play when decorating a home?
- Who are Leslie’s biggest influences?
- What is her favorite part about being an interior designer?
- How does her experience with dance influence her design?
- What is she working on now?
- How does she guide clients who don’t know much about art?
- What advice does she have for interior designers?
- Which flea markets does she frequent in LA?
Enjoy the shoooooow! Check out the show notes below for much more detail.
- [0:22] Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette
- [0:26] Whitney Rosenson, Art Dimensions
- [0:41] Check out Leslie’s work at LLHinteriors.com and on Instagram at @LLHinteriors
- [1:29] How did Leslie get into art?
- [1:43] Art History at UC Berkeley
- [1:58] MoMA (Museum of Modern Art)
- [2:20] Mark Hampton
- [3:03] Podcast
- [3:08] What role does art play when decorating a home?
- [3:18] How about for an office?
- [3:52] Should you buy things you really love?
- [4:02] What is Leslie’s favorite part about being an interior designer?
- [4:54] Client
- [4:58] What is Leslie’s personal aesthetic in 3 words?
- [6:00] How do you handle if your personal aesthetic is different than the client’s?
- [6:42] What is Leslie working on now?
- [6:54] The Palisades
- [7:35] Does Leslie usually start with the artwork?
- [8:22] Who are Leslie’s biggest influences?
- [8:34] Stephanie Stokes, Sandra Nunnerley, Scott Snyder
- [8:41] Richard Diebenkorn
- [8:50] Martha Graham
- [9:05] Oprah Winfrey
- [9:14] Who is Martha Graham?
- [9:55] How does Leslie’s experience with dance influence her design?
- [10:38] How long did she dance for?
- [11:15] What inspires her?
- [11:27] Instagram, Pinterest
- [11:37] What flea markets does Leslie frequent in LA?
- [11:43] Rose Bowl, Long Beach, 4th Santa Monica
- [11:56] How does Leslie guide clients who don’t know much about art?
- [13:24] Pacific Palisades Contemporary
- [13:32] What inspires Leslie’s work?
- [13:43] Pandemic
- [14:39] What advice does Leslie have for interior designers?
- [14:56] Mentor
- [15:37] Psychology
- [16:20] Is there anything else Leslie wants the audience to know?
- [16:49] Check out Leslie’s work at LLHinteriors.com and on Instagram at @LLHinteriors
- [17:02] Email Whitney if you have any questions on fine art & more
- [17:12] Follow Art Dimensions on Instagram at @ArtDimensions
- [17:22] Follow the Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette and tell a friend about the podcast
- [17:27] Check out Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette on GoodPods, where you can see what your favorite people are listening to
What is Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette?
How does contemporary art get created? Hear the behind-the-scenes of some of today’s great painters, sculptors, photographers, and collectors. Learn the inspiration, motivation, and creative processes that make contemporary art possible. Hosted by Whitney Rosenson, Owner of Art Dimensions Online — your online home for art leasing and sales from over 80 talented artists.
What is Art Dimensions?
For more than thirty years, we have specialized in the leasing and sale of fine, contemporary art including painting, print, sculpture and photography. We are proud to have more than 80 talented artists on our roster.
Our “lease to own” program provides an opportunity to “live with the art” before electing to purchase it. Both residential and corporate clients can create appealing and exciting spaces with artwork, while creating an investment for themselves.
We are able to coordinate delivery, installation, and also offer framing consultation and art relocation. Cleared artwork has appeared in numerous feature films and television shows.
Our team will work within your timeframe and budget to provide you with fabulous artwork for your film, print, home staging and commercial projects.
We are a business member of the Set Decorators Society of America.
Thanks for listening to Leslie Hunt on Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette. To hear more talented artists, follow Art Dimensions: Beyond the Palette and tell a friend about it. Happy creating!!